We respect the EU’s General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and this policy explains how we collect and treat any information you give us. You won’t find any complicated legal terms or long passages of unreadable text. We’ve no desire to trick you into agreeing to something you might later regret.
THIS POLICY COVERS:
- Who we are
- Why we value your privacy
- How we collect information
- What information we hold
- Where we store your information
- What we use your information for
- Who’s responsible for your information at our company
- Who has access to information about you
- The steps we take to keep your information private
- Changes to the policy
WHO WE ARE
The Burton & Rossett Horticultural Society ("us", "we", or "our") operates the www.brhs.org.uk website (the "Website"). You can contact us at any time via the contact form on our website.
WHY WE VALUE YOUR PRIVACY
We value your privacy as much as we do our own, so we’re committed to keeping your personal and business information safe. We’re uncomfortable with the information companies, governments, and other organisations keep on file, so we ask for only the bare minimum from our customers. We’ll never use your personal information for any reason other than why you gave it, and we’ll never give anyone access to it unless we’re forced to by law.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
We ask for contact information including your name, email address, and phone number, on our website so that we can reply to your enquiry. The same information may be collected via a phone call or face-to-face meeting.
We ask for further contact information when you hire us or buy something from us.
Occasionally, we might receive your contact information from a third-party referral source or partner organisation. If we do, we protect it in exactly the same way as if you give it to us directly.
WHAT INFORMATION WE HOLD
- When you contact us by email or through our website, we collect your name, email address, and the reason for your enquiry.
- If you become a Member of the Society, we then ask for your full name, telephone number, email address, and postal address. This information is securely stored in a third-party application called Airtable, and is only accessed by the Membership Secretary, Treasurer and (for technical purposes only) the Webmaster.
- All debit/credit card payments are processed by Stripe (via Squarespace), our merchant platform, and we never have access to your debit/credit card information.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
When you contact us by email or through our website, we may store your information in Airtable, our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software. If you purchase tickets for our events via our website, your information is stored in Squarespace and Stripe, but we do not have access to your debit/credit card information.
WHAT WE USE YOUR INFORMATION FOR
We occasionally use your contact information to send you details of our upcoming events and important Membership information. When we do, you have the option to unsubscribe from these communications and we won’t send them to you again.
WHO’S RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR INFORMATION AT OUR COMPANY
The Membership Secretary is responsible for the security of your information. You can contact the Membership Secretary by email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any concerns about the information we store.
WHO HAS ACCESS TO INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
The Membership Secretary, Treasurer and (for technical purposes only) Webmaster have access to the contact information you provide to us.
THE STEPS WE TAKE TO KEEP YOUR INFORMATION PRIVATE
Where we store your information in third-party services, access is restricted. We use a different password for each service, and never use the same password twice.
The devices we use are all encrypted and are protected by a secure password, passcode or fingerprint access. Our mobile devices are also protected by a passcode or fingerprint.
CHANGES TO THE POLICY
If we change the contents of this policy, those changes will become effective the moment we publish them on our website.